National Club Games
04-04-2012, New Delhi
Indian Olympic Association has drafted a proposal to organize National Club Games in the following seven sports.
The main idea to organize such Games will be to identify talented sportspersons from the grass root level especially from the villages to national level. The games are:
- Volleyball (Men)
- Football (Men)
- Handball (Men)
- Basketball (Men)
- Kabaddi (Men & Women)
- Hockey (Men & Women)
- Kho Kho (Men & Women)
The structure of the games will be as under:
- The Village team will participate at Block level competition.
- The Village /Block Champion team will participate at District level competition.
- The District Champion team will participate at Inter-District/State level.
- Then from all the States the Champion teams will be divided into six zones.
- These State Champion teams will participate in Round Robin matches at Zonal Championships.